Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Help required with Fresco fragment

Hi everyone,

I am currently researching and writing up four fresco fragments held in Australia at Maquarie University. I was hoping that someone here might recognise the iconography / design on the following fragment. I have yet to come across it or make note of something similar whilst working in Pompeii and am hoping that someone on the blog might have come across it in Pompeii or possibly seen it in Roman wall painting elsewhere. I would like to be able to cite examples of its use in particular structures as part of my write up and any information or photographs would be helpful in sending me in the right direction. The image is below.
I am happy to acknowledge and cite you in my paper for anything you may be able to provide.

Regards
Rob Brown
Maquarie University Postgrad
Pompeii Food and Drink Project-staff